It's All about the Heart

"It is only with the heart that one can see right; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Immunizations

Where have I been????
Well, It's been crazy...Knowing myself, having a bit of Type A personality, have to had my immunization going. Last Thursday, I called the Palomar health center asking for which shots should I need to get, they tld me to just bring my record then they'll figure it out when I meet with the nurse practioneer this week. Anyways, I also told them that I had the TB test a month ago and they said it was positive. The health people told me to get a chest X-ray to make sure I'm not carrying the disease! I called my doctor, to ask for referral. The heck!!!! they will be charging me 60 bucks just to get a freaking referral to the radiologist!...I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks for that!

I called the nursing school again asking if they can refer me to a clinic that can help me get a cheaper X-ray. They gave me the number for the Pubic Health Clinic. I went there to get the Xray, showed them my previous TB skin test and guess what the nurse told me.... "2mm indurance is not positive, you don't need to get a chest X-ray". What the!!!!
I never had a positive skin test before I told them, and this is the first time I was told a had positive. She insisted to have me take the test again. So I did. I had the reading last Monday and it was negative. Whew!

On the other hand, I was so happy coz I was able to get cheaper shots. I have to get the Hep B, MMR, and Td.. If I'm gonna get that at the nursing health clinic, it will cost me around 150 bucks. But guess what, I chatted with the Public Health nurse about the cost of education nowadays, and she gave me all three shots for 10 bucks! Smart eh! So all I have to worry now is the Varicella shot coz they don't have that in the Public Health Clinic.

In the end, I've been sick the whole weekend. I still have a slight fever today and some muscle aches. They said it's normal since I got shot with inactivated viruses! LOL.. plus I had a stomach flu, too!!!!! darn!

Oh well, I'm getting there....

5 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger jary said…

    ang dami namang shots nyan!

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why too expensive? don't you have a health insurance there?

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    LOWLAH!!!!
    I miss you na!!!
    yup...coz the facility wants to make sure we're immune with all the possible viruses and bacterias we're going to encounter....

    FROGGY
    I do.. but heck my doctor told me that health insurances doesn't cover school related issues such as mine... which made me even angrier!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sheesh... that sux.

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger jary said…

    i miss you too. dont worry too much about your dad, ok? baka ikaw naman magkasakit nyan. he'll be ok :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home