It's All about the Heart

"It is only with the heart that one can see right; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Monday, March 27, 2006

Sweetness of my Weekend

Hi everybody.....
Last weekend has been a very very memorable one for me...for the very first time in my life, I felt the vulnerability of being a woman. My friends were the ones who keep on telling me that I have a very strong personality. According to them, it correlates why I've been single for a very long time, that personality scares men away. On the other hand, I don't really take the comment seriously. I am the eldest among my siblings and I tend to have this "superwoman" attitude that I can do everything, indeed, very independent...I never thought that one day, a man will come along that can break the toughness of my heart....

Robbie, the guy I met three months ago came here in San Diego for a visit. We've been chatting for hours and hours everyday since then. It came to a point that he decided that he's going to start courting me. And he did after a month of our endless chats. He left San Francisco Friday noon. He was stuck in traffic so the expected 8:00 PM became 12 MN. I cooked dinner for him, sinigang na baboy, he's favorite food. I also made some lychee/agar-agar juice for dessert. I've fallen asleep while waiting for him. I'm so nervous of course because, it was the first time I'm gonna see this person in flesh. It's just awkward that I've known almost everything about him through that short span of time and it's really weird feeling that he's actually gonna be here. Anyways, he called me that he's already at the 805 freeway so I directed him towards the route going to our place. He was driving this white Honda Prelude, I told him that we need to look for a parking space around the apartment complex. It was so tensed and shaking like crazy! He asked me to hop in the car so we could find a spot. I giggle a lot if I'm nervous trying to cover the shakiness of my entire being!....After 30 minutes, we found a space. Golly! He's actually here!!!
He's not good looking I will definitely say that..he's an average Joe that intrigues me a lot...I saw his pic in friendster and myspace but it's just different to see someone in flesh.
He did like my sinigang though. I dunno if he's just being nice or what but heck! I was so nervous still....
My parents told me to just ask him to stay in our place instead of checking in at a nearby inn.
So there, we sat at the opposite side of the couch...really really awkward moment there I'm telling you... he's staring at me and I can feel that I am starting to melt away. He moved next to me. He muttered the words "I love you". I was blushing like crazy! I can't even look at his eyes!... He then held my hand and kissed it. Awww....I kinda like it coz he was such a gentleman! very manly! hahahaha....
He muttered the words "I love you" for the second time and I told him to stop staring at me coz it was so uncomfortable....He was giggling because he said, I looked so cute when I'm nervous....Anyways, he moved closer towards me and kissed me. It was great! I then told him that I'm gonna go back to sleep and I'm just gonna see him the next morning....

The next morning....
He texted me...my dad called me on my fone teasing me that I need to wake up and cook breakfast....We went to eat some Vietnamese food coz he said he's craving for their Pho...Anyways, he's been telling not to be nervous. Oh my gosh! I was so embarassing coz I was so clumsy! I spilled the sauce all over the table! He was smiling and telling me how cute I am with my clumsiness!...
After our lunch, I finaly got over the nervousness...and I was back to being myself... the jolly and talkative Abby...
We went to the 4 malls!...He's such a gentleman, he opens and closes the car door for me...I feel like a realy lady when I'm with him...I never felt anything like this before even with my ex....He constantly kisses and holds my hand while were driving....
Around 5 PM that day, he asked me if we can go to the Albertson's grocery store before we go my churmate's birthday party. He asked me to look for something and left me... After several minutes, I heard them page me... "Paging customer named Abby, please proceed to Customer Service". Guess what???? There he is holding a dozen roses!!!!!! He's so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't able to hold my feelings any longer coz the sign that I asked for actually happened!....He said "I love you",kissed me, and I kissed him back and said "I love you back!"....

Here's the funny thing though....everybody! I mean everybody! my relatives, my churmates were so intrigue with the guy I'm with....You can see the looks that just make me giggle everytime...

It was very sad when he left yesterday....

A long distance love affair...Am I gonna make it this time????
I miss him already :(

11 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger aajao said…

    hey buddy! take it from the long distance relationship "expert". *ehem*...expert not in the sense of a successful LDR story but expert in the sense of experiencing it. hmm.. i'm so happy for you, honestly. all you have to do is to hope for the best, work for it, and in the end, WIN it! ok?
    you know where to reach me when you need some talking....

    ciao! ;)

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger jary said…

    kakilig naman lowlah! wish you the best and maybe, best wishes? :D

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    why that's sooo romantic and cute and sweeett.. specially the part where he paged your name and saw him with a dozen of roses. to find a man who's willing to do such great heights just to tell you how much he means to you is a freakin keeper!!!!

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    My everdearest Jon,
    I am so embrassed...seriously! I just saw those weird numbers appeared on my celfone not wondering who the heck it was...Thanks for calling.. you really called just in time...I never thought that I will be so sad last night because when he left, cool na cool pa nga ako...Now, I am starting to hate night time, all I wanna do is to sleep right away and just face the next morning, hoping I could see him again...The songs he played while we were in the car, the scent of his car, everytime I hear, smell, see stuff that reminds me of him, lalo ko lang siyang na mi miss...I'm starting to be dramatic..kainis! Pero thank you talaga for calling... u made me feel better... :)

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    Lowlah Jary
    Hahaha! Thank you...
    Malayo pa ang best wishes!...he still have two more years to finish his schooling and so do I for my nursing...
    This is my first time, and hoping it'll be my last... :)

    Trish
    Sinabi mu pa... Tot those stuff only happens in movies...but it actually did!...I was blushing and dami pa namang tao coz it was around 6 PM, and a lot of people were rushing to do some quicke grocery shopping....He's full of surprises, and that's the one of the things I liked about him....

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Ivÿ said…

    Abby! I can't believe I am still here at the house on Wednesday morning reading your blog instead of leaving for work. Ay promise, bru! Kinilig ako sa entry mo. Sabi ko, ang bru may exciting lablayp....ang sweet naman nung bigay nya roses sa yo...Go for it, girl. Don't rush it and let it be. If you guys are meant to be together, stick with it. Hehehe.

    Si Abby, may papa na!

    Si Abby, may papa na!

    Si Abby, may papa na!

    Hehehe.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    Ivy!
    Hahaha.. ako nga rin super kinikilig til now!.. pero syempre when it happened kunwari demure ako...LOL
    Sabi nga rin nung mga frends ko na mga babae... kinikilig lahat...I hope he continues to be like that forever...nahuli na niya weakness ko...ang pagiging hopeless romantic!...Hayyy.. it really pays off yung tagal na pag wa wait ko for the right guy

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if he stays like that, you're life with him will NEVER ever be dull - with him surprising you with those sweet things. :]

    ..now im starting to think, will my wait be like yours as well? hehe

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger jary said…

    e yung wait ko kaya? *lol*

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Abby said…

    wait lang ng wait... :p

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger jary said…

    yeah.. till my hair turns to gray, wehehhe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home