It's All about the Heart

"It is only with the heart that one can see right; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What have I been doing?



USS NIMITZ
My brother, Asher arrived yesterday at 9:00 AM at the Coronado Bay. He was gone for 8 months in what they called WestPac (West Pacific). He was on that USS Nimitz carrier for months... can you imagine how boring that can be???? All you see most of the time is the big blue ocean. It's nice to know that he's back home. Moreover, I can't believe that he enjoyed it. Probably because he got to see other places such as Dubai, Hawaii, Australia, and Hong Kong. The most interesting part though was the the "pasalubongs". Hahaha...
I've ditched my last class yesterday to meet with them for lunch. My mom was the only one who was able to see him arrive at the port besides his wife and son. I wanted to go but I can't ditch my first 3 classes that day because midterm is coming up.
We also had a nice famiy dinner afterwards. It's a nice feeling that the whole family gathers around the table chitchatting about how's it going....

COMPULSIVE (???) SHOPPING
Is it??? I would define it as my "pasalubong" shopping.
Sunday afternoon, my mom and I went to Mervyn's. I thought I'm not gonna spend anything. Yet, knowing that there's this huge SALE plus the coupons that I have on hand, I went crazy. Fifty percent off plus my coupon which is another 20 % off totals to 70% off!!! Who can't say NO to that huh???? I bought several stuff for my friends.

We went to Big Lots last night after dinner and I saw several stuff to buy for my godson and god daughter. It was a closeout sale and I've got great deals with the toys. Then also saw couple of stuff to give to some of my friends. Also, I also bought more stuff for the church kids, I'll be using those as my Christmas giveaways.

Then later this afternoon, I dropped by at Old Navy just to check whatever they have on sale. I was supposed to buy stuff for the Philippines but I ended up buying stuff for myself. I won't feel guilty this time because I deserve to have it...why??? I've noticed when I was in the fitting room, that I dropped a dress size! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! All the sweating that I've been doing the past couple months finally paid off!!!!


PAIN IN THE BUTT
I went to see my orthodontist Monday morning. What the heck! My appointment time was at 8:30 AM, I ended up waiting 45 minutes which also means that I'm so freaking late at work. I was so pissed that I snapped at the receptionist asking them how long STILL was the waiting time. She checked the list and she told me, few more minutes. FEW MORE MINUTES????? Are you kidding????? Finally, they called my name up. The temperature went down a bit when the ortho told me that I can stop wearing the tiny elastic. That's a relief. BUT, she told me that I have to wear another elastic on the opposite side to fix my chewing. *bah* Thought I can get away, but here's another elastic bugging my right side jaw. Oh well, no pain no gain.

BRAIN OVERLOAD
Again, for the nth time... another brain overload!
*sigh* one more month and the semester's over. "Abby, just hold on! You'll make it!"

FINALLY
I finally applied for graduation. I'll be graduating May 2006, everyone's invited! :p
Hope to pass it with flying colors! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home