It's All about the Heart

"It is only with the heart that one can see right; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Most embarassing moment

I shared the story yesterday in the bangag yahoo group...

So I went to the computer lab yesterday hoping that I could print out all the journal articles I need for research project....
After browsing several articles, I finally picked the best 5. I printed one of the articles which consisted of 13 pages and it's on a PDF format. Then I walked to the printer and paid $1.30. What happen was, there was this sign right and it says "Large files such as PDFs and powerpoint will take time to print, Please be patient". Exactly how are you going to define "will take time to print". I estimated roughly 5 minutes. Guess what happened? Five minutes had passed and there were 5 students who were in line waiting for the printer to finish whatever it was printing. NOTHING!, the light keeps on blinking that it's processing but heck! not a single paper came out...The lady who looks irritated approached me and asked "Did you print a large file?" Of course, I'm not gonna deny it, I was the one who was first in line beside the printer. She left so frustrated coz I think she'll be late in her next class and she only printed one page. The line is getting longer... I was so embarassed that I left the printer and decided to come back in another 5 minutes...

I came back after 10 minutes or so hoping that all pages has been out already. Guess what???? There were only 2 pages printed and still on the process of finishing all the pending printing jobs! OMG! the line now is so long that I left the building because of the delay and trouble I did to everybody, not mentioning that they have to print their papers again and repay.

Isn't that sad? I'm really really really sorry!

Lesson learned: NEVER use the printer in the computer lab unless it's really emergency!

On the bright side, I met with my counselor today and he recommends that I attend Graduate School because he was so impressed with my academics and I really have the potential to succeed in school. I told him, I'm not sure yet but I didn't mention that I'll be attending nursing school afterwards. But it did crossed my mind to continue and get my Master's and Doctorate degree. Oh well, it's a great idea but it's not one of my priorities yet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home