It's All about the Heart

"It is only with the heart that one can see right; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Some Thoughts

I am beginning to experience how hard having 4 classes all in one day...They're giving me a headache...seriously, I think my brain is having some sort of information overload.

Been hearing and reading a lot of stuff about the recent disaster that happened here in the US. My school's gym has been used for some refugees. I would really love to volunteer but school is in my way. I can't give any monetary donations but I would really love to work for the Red Cross.

I've been thinking what could have been my life right now if I got in the US Navy... I am one test away from it. My aunt who's in Army Reserves right now has been called on duty to help out in New Orleans.

Natural disasters like this is really devastating, not only physically, but emotionally due to the loss of lives. I remember when Mt. Pinatubo erupted in 1991, it's really scary and it seems like your lives are over. We can't control Mother Nature, but theleast we can do is to do something to help out those people who were greatly affected by the disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home