It's All about the Heart

"It is only with the heart that one can see right; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Challenge

Three of my gal pals are already in the nursing program...Seeing them studying like a crazy buffalo makes me think: Am I sure I wanted to be like them? Looking on the bright side, I do love challenges....and challenges makes my life exciting. I would really love to work as a CNA while waiting yet I still haven't found the right job that suits my availability. Am I that picky, too?

Come what may...

Maric College called twice regarding nursing program. I declined the offer because I can't afford my tuition...or I'll rather say, I'll be so broke by the time I graduate...

Grossmont College is updating their list and I am hoping that sometime next year, It'll be my turn to enjoy the exciting route to becoming an RN...

Palomar College bumped me up. When I received my number after I applied, I was 237th on the wailist. Now, I was bumped to number 70. My estimate is: sometime next year,too....

City College, my friend who was a semester a head of me was called in already....and I am confident that I am next in line...

Southwestern College, I applied but later on I decided to just drop it...I heard that they don't have that credibility yet when it comes to board passers...

San Diego State University, the school in which I really want get my BSN degree...Too bad, it wasn't for me. I've been holding on for that dream for two years, made my life a bit miserable...but I later on decided to let go....I've seen the signs but I kept on ignoring it....I ended up switching to Psychology. I never thought that I will enjoy this new field...Learning how people behave is so much fun...


SIX nursing schools...Am I that frustrated?
Yes, in the sense that I am so eager to earn big bucks to help my family. Ask my dad to do what he really wants to do and I'll take over financial responsibility. Yes, in the sense that I want job that is secure and in demand. Yes, in the sense that I do want a big house, several cars, and travel the world and nursing will be the easiest way to have this American dream fulfilled...

No, because this is what I want to do ever since I was a kid....and becoming a nurse will help me achieve my ultimate dream of becoming a doctor...
No, because becoming a nurse will help me achieve a position at UNICEF or the World Health Organization...

But the main question is: AM I HAPPY?
Yes I am...
My family has been a big part of why I never gave up on my dream.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home